If you do not qualify for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, a Chapter 13 may be your best option.
A Chapter 13 bankruptcy allows a person to repay all or a portion of his or her debts under the supervision and protection of the Bankruptcy Court. We will work to negotiate better loan terms that are affordable and reasonable. We will help you prepare a three- to five-year debt repayment plan, which will satisfy creditors and put you on a sustainable path to financial freedom.
Under a Chapter 13 plan, some priority debts are required to be paid in full, but many creditors will only receive a small percentage of the amount they are owed. A key difference between Chapter 13 and Chapter 7 bankruptcy is that Chapter 13 allows you to retain possession of non-exempt property that may be lost in Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
Rebuild Your Financial Life With Help From Our Jersey City Debt Repayment Plan Lawyers
In Chapter 13, you can still:
- Put an immediate stop to the foreclosure process
- Stop wage garnishment, bank levies, judgments against you, attachments, lawsuits and repossessions
- Eliminate unsecured debt, including credit card debt, personal loans, medical debt and other debt not attached to property, as well as some tax debt
- Enact property exemptions for things you depend on such as your home, car, pension, 401(k) and other assets
- Get back on track with mortgage and auto loan payments to ensure you stay in your home and keep your vehicle(s), as long as you are able to stay current on payments
Contact Our Hoboken Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Lawyers Today
At the law office of Lofaro & Headley, LLC, in Hoboken, New Jersey, we help individuals navigate the complex process of regaining a solid financial foundation through bankruptcy. We provide hands-on assistance from the first meeting through the resolution of your case. We avoid cookie-cutter solutions by carefully reviewing each client's situation before recommending a course of action.
We offer a free initial consultation during which an attorney will assess your case and provide you with an experienced opinion on what solution is best for your set of circumstances. To meet with our lawyers, call 201-467-4020 or use our contact form to schedule an appointment.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.